Saturday, July 18, 2009

Why start a blog??

So it all started out as a regular Saturday morning shift at the Green House Cafe when I got into a conversation with my last table of the day. I explained that I graduated from the local State University in May and that I have been trying to find a job, a real job not serving tables, ever since with no luck. They began to rack their experienced brains to come up with a solution for me... call the places, go in with your resume, include a picture, and persistence pays off. All wonderful ideas but I've heard them all and with 400+ applicants per jobs, filtering systems, messages on answering machine, "please do not contact us", and competing against masters degrees, these suggestions fell through the cracks. Luckily for me, these men had another idea... 'why don't you start a blog?' Then I thought, 'hum, why don't I start a blog?', this is one thing I can add to my resume that gives the employer a little more information about who I am, what I think, how I operate, and what is important to me. So here it is, my blog, I never thought I would have one but now I'm excited to put my thoughts on, well computer screen, and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment